Looking for the 4th Quarter report by Facebook so I could bring you the update, I found this on Mark Zuckerberg’s profile. It’s a note that he wrote in 2012, a founders letter to the people who use the platform. The letter begins with …Facebook ‘was built to accomplish a social mission – to make the world more open and connected.’ If you haven’t read it, you will find it here, a most interesting read. Mark Zuckerbergs Founders Letter.
My live Facebook video version of what’s below is here: Friday Facebook Fix 3 February 2017
According to Mari Smith (THE Queen of Facebook), the real juicy stuff was in the Q & A after the number crunching:
- Monthly active users has risen to 1.86Billion with 65 million fan or business pages and 4 million of those doing paid adverts;
- Facebook is only 1% implemented. There is a 10 year road map that’s been broken into 3, 5 & 10 year increments;
- Facebook is testing live 360o video;
- New video play icon on your mobile device being rolled out for a dedicated video newsfeed tab;
- The adverts inventory in the newsfeed will be full mid-year;
- Prices of adverts may rise and Facebook is building new places to advertise;
- Adverts will be allowed on video longer than 90 seconds after 20 seconds of viewing (much like youtube and creating opportunity for creators of quality content to sell ad space);
- Ads in Messenger are being tested in Australia and Thailand;
- Experimenting with Live Audio only (kinda like podcasts). Great for those areas where there is less bandwith;
- You will soon be able to designate another person to go live on your page;
- Masques are coming to live (create a bit of a fun feel);
- Artificial Intelligence text analysis. Eg; if you post on your timeline you are looking for an Italian Restaurant, or a hypnotherapist, or a plumber, the AI will analyse your text and, combined with other parameters like location (and I suspect page relevance, reviews and engagement) will make recommendations for your consideration. This one is really cool! Opportunity to get yourself out there even more now abound!
- 90% of people access Facebook on mobile. 40% of those have NEVER accessed Facebook from an laptop or PC;
What does this mean for you, the small biz owner? I’d suggest you continue to learn as much as you can about what is happening and what’s coming down the pipeline. Make sure you are using Facebook in its entirety as a business tool (without being spammy) and especially make sure your page is up to date, that you understand the settings and what they mean, read your page insights and create amazing, shareable content. Then you are looking to engage with other biz pages, add real value and continue to grow your presence and organic reach as other biz pages interact with yours.
If you are looking at your biz page and thinking what the hell you are going to do with it and don’t know where to turn or what to do next, you can join our wildly successful 747 Accelerate! Creating Massive Engagement and Organic Reach on Your Biz page, one week of intensive focus on your biz page where we’ve seen amazing success in just a few days, including attracting clients. 27 Feburary – 5 March and ONLY $USD7 for the whole week! More information, testimonials and to book, check it out here: http://bit.ly/747Accelerate